You don't know me but I know you

A couple of weeks ago I was at a food truck festival. It had everything good you can imagine: Great food, beautiful old (and new) food trucks and caravans, music, and a nice vibe. Music was provided by my husband and his band, Dirt Road Music Band. (Like them on Facebook!)
That's how I got to the festival in the first place. He has gigs often and sometimes I tag along, but most of the time I don't. But when there's food involved and I feel it's a great opportunity to draw, I'm in! So I got in the car with him and we drove to den Bosch, just a little over an hour from Amsterdam.
While the band was setting up their gear and instruments, I walked around, tasted some of the food and found a perfect spot to sit and draw.
After putting down my first three pen strokes, a lady came up to me and said: "Koosje?"
I was surprised because I don't know anyone in den Bosch, and she explained: "you don't know me but I know you'". She has done one of my online classes and is a Sketchbook Skool student. She even started apologizing for not drawing that much lately, but now that she saw me sketching there, the itch to draw was coming back. She didn't join me though - her husband was patiently waiting for her to move on...
I can't help it but this unexpected meeting and chat made me kind of feel like a celeb, so I had to share it with you.

Labels: , ,